37 days ago • Posted by Jasper Lawler
$BABA stock dips after CCP orders Jack Ma divests media holdings
According to the Wall Street Journal, Alibaba owns the following media companies:
- Alibaba owns 100% of the South China Morning Post, Hong Kong’s premier English newspaper.
- Alibaba owns nearly 37% of Yicai Media Group, one of China’s most influential news outlets.
- Alibaba owns about 30% of Weibo, a Twitter-like social media platform. Its stake is valued at more than $3.5 billion.
- Alibaba owns 6.7% of Bilibili, a video platform that is popular among younger Chinese people. Its stake is worth nearly $2.6 billion.
- Ant owns 16.2% of 36kr, a U.S.-listed digital media outlet focused on technology. Its stake is worth $25 million.
- Alibaba owns 5% of Mango Excellent Media, a subsidiary of government-run Hunan TV. Its stake is worth about $819 million.
- Alibaba owns nearly 5.3% of Focus Media, China’s largest offline advertising network. Its stake is worth nearly $1.2 billion.